Mobile application «Speaking calculator» voices the numbers that were put in by a user, as well as arithmetic operations and the result of these operations.
Now a user may listen to the following elements (figure 1):
- numerical symbols names: 1 (one), 2 (two), 3 (three), 4 (four), 5 (five), 6 (six), 7 (seven), 8 (eight), 9 (nine), 0 (zero);
- mathematical characters names: . (point), = (equals to);
- mathematical operations names: + (added to), – (minus), / (divided by), * (multiply by), sin (sinus), cos (cosine), √ (rood of);
- elements of deleting: C (delete all);
- elements of memory: MC (delete from memory), MR (read from memory), М+ (added to memory), М- (read from memory);
- total result (including decimals).
These features are available in offline mode.
In our plans for future there is a voice recognition function. This mobile application can be used for teaching preschool children or foreigners the names of Belarusian number. Also, we plan to add English and Russian sound records.
The mobile application is available on Google Play for free downloading and usage (figure 4).