VoiceInformator is your helper in the sea of voice information. It is an assistant which makes routine work for you on calling your clients and partners. Moreover it may serve as irreplaceable helper in receiving and recording voice messages.
VoiceInformator is a software-hardware complex designed to deal with voice or SMS message transmission via the GSM network to a large number of subscribers using the specified list and scenario. This complex also serves as an answering machine and allows working with several modems simultaneously.
Main operating modes
- Autoringup mode. The program dials a number from a database, identifies when a subscriber picks up the receiver and starts speech interaction with a subscriber. SMS message transmission is also supported.
- Answerback mode. The program waits for an incoming call and starts speech interaction with a subscriber. Besides, automatic calling number identification (CNID) is also supported.
- GSM-line Record mode. The program allows recording the subscribers’ answers received as a result of autoringup and answerback modes’ operating. The recorded information is stored in a database or as audio files and can be easily listened.
Software and hardware requirements
- Operating system: Windows XP, 2003; 2007.
- GSM-modem – any type supported.
Main capabilities of the program
- Voice or SMS message transmission to a large number of subscribers (ring-up by a distribution list).
- Recording of voice information in a database or in an audio file.
- Synthesis of voice massages from text strings or creation of voice messages using microphone.
- Dinamic formation of messages according to user-defined conditions.
- Integration with any information base, with possibility of personal message transmission to each subscriber.
Examples of practical usage
- Invitation to an event
- Reminder of time frames for decrees’ and orders’ execution
Governmental outreach activities
- Social issues
- Announcement of elections
- Convening of meeting
- Reminder of target time frames
- Periodic informing about the main parameters of the station
- Disruption and emergency notification
Ministry of Taxes and Duties and Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Notification of emergency situations
- Control and protection of the environment
Banks, public utility, insurance agencies
- Loan repayment notification
- Reminder of the expiration of the time limit for payment
- Informing about arrival and departure times
- Ticket booking confirmation
- Informing about new goods and services
- Telephone marketing
- Messages from parents
- Sending invitations and greetings
Main functional specifications of the system
The subscriber base of the system is arranged in groups. A user can view through all subscribers in each group (Figure 1) and any subscriber information is available for viewing and editing via a special form (Figure 2).
Figure 1 – Viewing the subscriber groups and the information about the subscribers constituting these groups
Figure 2 – Viewing the subscriber information
Each field in a form represents a dynamic variable which can be used in creating tasks for a subscriber (Figure 3).
Figure 3 – Creating tasks for subscribers
When creating a task via the form, one can name it and create a text message, also he or she can choose an operator for task performing and set an output speech synthesizer. There is also ability to create a target subscriber list from certain subscribers registered in the database. The system allows to create message templates in Belarusian or Russian and additionally (or solely) to use subscriber’s data via dynamic variables, for example to “Paste a name” one need to use variable %Name%. When implementing (testing) such a message, the variable %Name% is to be replaced with the name of a certain subscriber, for example “Barys”, and the resulting text is to be processed with a speech synthesizer to a respective text-to-voice message.
An example of greeting created with VoiceInformator
Each task can be scheduled to be implemented at a certain time with some specifications, namely a time period for a task to be repeated and a number of repetitions (Figure 4). After task being created, a user can choose to «run a task», «not to run a task» or to cancel it at all. For monitoring and implementing the created active tasks one should call the “Start implementation” function (Figure 5).
Figure 4 – Setting the implementation time
For each task in a form there are fields for a shortened name, the start time, activity (participating in the monitoring), the 1st 20-40 symbols of the massage, the output operator and voice. In Figure 5 the active task is highlighted in red, and the task to edit – in blue. A user can cancel the monitoring and task implementation by means of the function “Stop”.
Figure 5 – Monitoring and implementing tasks
In the options form, one can select the voices and operators for implementing tasks (Figure 6). Belarusian and Russian speech synthesizers (voices Boris Lobanov, Boris Lobanov (Bel) respectively), a sound card and/or a telephone line are available by default.
Figure 6 – System options – selecting a tts system and a kind of voice output